Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

San

Do they mean the same thing?

The country had a large territory ...

A. ... stretching to the mountains.

B. ... that stretched to the mountains.

Thanks!

I'll miss the forum too. It's thanks to you what I write doesn't look as much like gibberish as it did before.

Favorite Answer

they mean the same.  You would need a comma after territory and before stretching in choice A.  It is a descriptive aside.  The option is a descriptive secondary clause (that stretches...).  Both are used to describe the territory and refer to the very same aspect of the territory.

Just adding the opinion of a native American English speaker. @ busterwasmycat, is right.

I'll sure miss y/a.

Source(s): Native American English speaker
  • ?

Yes. The meaning is identical.