Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Houdini asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 weeks ago

Other than "I'm against anything not white and conservative", what does the GOP stand FOR?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

I wish I new what the Democrats stand for because they are very bipolar right now.  By the way, Democrats stand for nothing, but words i.e. all words no action.

• 2 weeks ago

Good question, Houdini.  A few very well-researched books might help you (and displaced would-be-moderate Republicans) comprehend what the heck happened to the GOP from Reagan days to now.  

Investigate the innocent-sounding CULT that drives much of what the Republican National Committee believes: The Family (a.k.a., The Federation, the Council on National Policy from Bush/Cheney/GOP-controlled days; Heritage Foundation; Youth With A Mission; et al.---same dangerously fanatical CULT, but with different facades).  Read "Kingdom Coming; The Rise of 'Christian' Nationalism" (2016) by award-winning journalist Michelle Goldberg and the undercover work of former Harper Editor Jeff Sharlet, who went inside The Family in D.C., staying at these fanatics' C Street House (white men only) on Capital Hill: (2008) "The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power" and (2010), "C Street: The Threat to American Democracy."  Who funded all this fanaticism?  For the answer to this question, read Jane Mayer's 2017 book "DARK MONEY: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" (a.k.a., the Republican party's radicalization from Reagan days to now).  Trace the instigators of this dangerously radicalized GOP descent to spoiled-brat born-rich billionaire industrialists stuck in a toddlerhood anti-parental-authority mode: Charles and David Koch  (Mayer, 2017).

Somewhere during an out-of-his-gourd (Alzheimer's-afflicted) Reagan presidency propped up by the RNC hiring a right-wing PR firm in D.C., Hill & Knowlton, the rats came out to spread destruction and disease for the GOP, starting with an ever-evil Dick Cheney and Cheney's behind-the scenes corrupting and corrupt activities ("America, What Went Wrong?" 1991 by Donald Bartlett & James Steele" available on amazon.com).  The BCCI scandal is just one example and the takeover of the GOP by the "Religious Right" nut jobs to set the stage for a Koch-backed Heritage Foundation peddled THEOCRATIC COUP.  To create an "army" of young people, the Koch-funded COUP-seekers CULT The Family had Virginia attorney (and CULT branch member) Michael Farris (Goldberg, 2006) set up a dangerous brainwashing method for at least two generations: "Homeschooling from infancy" in all 50 states using only a LITERAL interpretation of the Bible's Old Testament as its "base text."  Ever wonder how the heck the GOP descended into insanity?  This is the pipeline that made it happen.  Farris called these poor kids his "Generation Joshua" (referring to the "Battle of Jericho" symbol for the government overthrow from inside the political system).  These kids (now adults) were susceptible to CULT control because their "homeschooling from infancy" status kept them from developing critical thinking skills and made differentiating from true or false, right or wrong impossible.  

The GOP, unfortunately, stands for old white men confusing cruelty for "strength" and believing that the horrible tyrants of our world's past were "God chosen" (as discovered by Jeff Sharlet during his undercover stay at C Street).  Psychological intervention is sorely needed..  

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Ignoring reality.

• 2 weeks ago

Bigger tax cuts for the very rich. 

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

You people are obsessed with skin color. Conservatives hang around together and I can assure you, I never hear the topic of race come from our side. EVERY LAST MENTION of race, racism and skin color come from your sort.

Source(s): and
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Civil rights , personal freedom , economic prosperity... you know ... everything democrats loathe 

• 2 weeks ago

Fairness. Democrats can look it up in the dictionary.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.