Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 weeks ago

Would it be dumb to buy a brand new car to drive 3 miles a day?

No, it's not dumb

You'll keep the miles low, me on the other hand. I drive a lot for my job but at the same time I want a nice car. 

I wonder if it's dumb to buy a nice car and put a bunch of miles on it for a job lol

But I just want a nice comfortable ride

Walk or ride a bike

In the sense of being the most expensive way to travel those three miles possible, yep.

If you are making a lot of money, it is not dumb.  If you are surviving payday to payday, get a scooter.

It's even dumb to ask if it would be dumb.

Yes, a new car loses value the second you drive it off the car lot. Why not buy a reliable used car with low mileage. Get a mechanic to check it over before purchasing.