Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 weeks ago

Is it true that before islam, ancient arabs made people wear masks to make society obedient, submissive, and lose their identity?

• 1 week ago

"Is it true that" The onus is on you to provide basis\evidence\links\sources, you haven't given any for your bold claim. I agree with another poster who suggested they may have had to wear masks to protect themselves from the sand.

• Dimple

okay, i'm going to give a troll answer.. 

Do women who wear burkhas have to wear face masks?  

• Ludwig

No.  Source?   (the first people to practice face masking were the ancient Greeks).

Yes I read that on a meme. Yahoo wont let me post it though. It said it also breaks people's spirit. Interesting yahoo wont allow the meme.....

• garry

you have these ideas dont you , why dont you read books on the subject and find out for yourself !!!

They still do and yes it works

No it is not true. 

Next. 

Drink ground water to vaccinate Corona , natural soil water 

Source(s): My Muslim Brother
  • Marli

No. It was to keep the sand from blowing into the nostrils and mouths.

Hitler, Stalin and all the other autocrats kept their people submissive, and none of those peoples wore masks.

People everywhere wear masks and distanced themselves from each other during epidemics to keep from dying from the disease. Be glad and thankful that no authority has boarded up your doors and windows.

Google "plague" "Black Death" "cholera" "influenza" "typhoid" and "smallpox" 

I'd rather be a live "sheep" than a dead "goat".

People volunteered to protect their face f/ blowing sand.