Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 weeks ago

Why are people so confused about gender? It's really simple?

If you are born with a dick, you are a MAN. If you are born with a vagina, you are a WOMAN.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is defective, and you're defective too if you support those people.

I don't mean this in a bigoted way.

• 1 week ago

it must be nice to be a moron

• ?
    1 week ago

Nathan, even so, it should be up to the person who is intersex to decide. 

• Elana
    1 week ago

And if you are born with both?

Neither?

How about if you are a human chimera with XX and XY chromosomes (though not in the same cells)?

The one thing it is *NOT* is really simple.

What if you have two X chromosomes, and also an SRY1 gene but no Y chromosome in sight?  You'll get a penis (of sorts).

I know it upsets you to find out that your view of sex is overly simplistic, but reality, especially when it comes to genetics, is rarely simple.

Sure, these conditions are unusual, but the word "defective" is highly judgemental and kind of meaningless since it has been pointed at homosexuals, blacks and liberals.

Well, surely you realize that you sound like a hate mongering bigoted piece of trump loving garbage. Especially when you state that anyone who supports a trans person is "defective". You disgust me. 

My thoughts are: there are more genders. Gender is a social construct, however there are just two sexes, which are male and female.

Sex = gender = male/female. People are confused because the moronic overlords of society keep pretending that extremely uncommon outcomes are the norm. For example, people can be born with both genitalia (again, EXTREMELY rare), which can cause a bit of an ethical issue as to which one should be dominant. Even though usually one is far more developed than the other, making the choice obvious. It's just people changing word definitions and pretending that they can be something that they are not. 

How many intersex people are you aware that you know?  Would you be prepared to call them defective to their face and would that be acceptable, polite behaviour? If you wouldn't do it in person, why do it here?  I'm saying this because my partner, whom I love, does not have the genitals you describe in your question and I find it vicariously offensive.

Anyway, you're wrong.  Gender is defined based on one's presumed potential relationship to physical reproduction.  Because my partner was presumed to be a potentially pregnant person by the general public, she is female.

What about the babies that are born with either malformed genitalia or both a penis and vagina?

That is biological sex at its simplest. It is NOT gender.

• Jesus

You've got it right on the button friend. All you got to do is look down and you can tell what you are.

Haven't you ever heard seeing is believing?