Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do you want to get out of the rat race?

Update:

The pointless 9 to 5 slavery which gets you nowhere in life

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes I do...The rat race is called capitalism. Did you know the top 1% richest people have 90% wealth of the whole population combined. Also, 78% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, in the richest country in the world...and you wonder why everybody is talking about $15 minimum wage....here's another fact, in 1960 the minimum wage is $1 per hour adjusted to inflation would be about $9 in 2021. Today it's only $7.25 national, which means people 60 years ago were getting paid more than today. This is ever since Ronald Reagan's "Reaganomics" or trickled down economics, which was supposed to give more money to rich corporations and the wealth is somehow supposed to "trickle" down for everyone....all a BIG FAT LIE.

Source(s): The rich get richer and the poor get poorer...
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's not pointless if I'm able to retire in a few years.

Oh and the "pointless slavery" I do is helping take care of people in the hospital.

You're welcome.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.