?
? asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

What is meant by the saying "Nobody can make you feel inferior unless you let them?

To me, if somebody is more informed or better read or has an ability I don't have, that person is better then I am, at lest in that field. I don't know about any other field because I don't know that person well enough. But why do I  have to assume I am better than that person at something else when I am really unsure? I don't get it. Please enlighten me.

• OTTO
    Favorite Answer

A person who already feels inferior can be made to feel inferior. But a person who does not feel inferior cannot be made to feel inferior.

It means words have a meaning if you let them.