Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me I have accidentally burned my pot and the burns are kinda hard to get out?

I wanted to know if someone could recommend something to get the burns out without ruining the pot

• Janet

Brillo pads .. and a LOT of "elbow grease" (resulting in tired arms when you are done cleaning the pot).

Barkeeper's Friend worked for me, even in a teflon pan.

Huh? No one has recommended baking soda, have they? I wonder why.

Is it because baking soda is not so affordable in your country?

First of all, you should find out what the pot is made of.

If the pot is aluminum, please forget about my answer.

If the pot is made of stainless steel, fill it about seventh of the way with water, add baking soda(for cleaning is sufficient.), scrape some laundry soap or solid soap into the pot, and heat it up.

Simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes. 

It is best not to let the water boil.

During this time, if possible, slowly scrub the scorched area with a scrubber. Be careful not to spill the water.

You can use baking soda alone, but it is better to add soap as a foaming agent.

If you put a blackened cloth in the water, the cloth will also become white.

After a while, throw away the hot water and look at the bottom of the pot. If it still burns, scrub with a scrubbing brush while the pot is still warm.

I forgot to tell you, but please use a vegetable scrubbing brush. It is because metal ones make small scratches on the pot.

Hopefully, only the inside of your pot should look like new.

This is a convenient method that requires no force and has a low environmental impact.

Oh no what u can do is get cold water or use a sharp object be careful though don't wanna get cut or just get a new pot or pan xd

• kswck2

When I burn something very badly, I soak it in hot water with liquid soap over night and scrub with a Brillo pad. If it still doesn't come off, I use a single edge razor blade to scrap off any excess. 

Let water simmer in it. That's what my father said they did in the army. Then do what everyone else said. 

• Anton

Squirt of liquid detergent, water to cover the burn, let it boil for 10 minutes.  A Scotch-Brite scrub sponge (or clone) as all you will need.

Have you tried tried steel wool or a copper Choreboy?

I'm not sure where you're posting from, but a Choreboy was what we called a copper mesh scrubbing implement when I worked in restaurants.

SOS  pad or steel wool will take it off.