Can I turn on my old phones without using the USB port?

I have three old cell phones that are just lying around the house eating dust. I stopped using all of them for the same reason: the USB port got damaged and I could no longer keep the charger in them long enough to charge. So I'm wondering if perhaps I can sell them at a pawn shop or something and make a little money.

But in order to do that I need to wipe them of personal data and I can't do that if I can't charge them long enough to be able to turn them back on (they all went dead). So is there any way I can charge them without using the USB port so I can turn them on long enough to wipe them?

Favorite Answer

You will need an old fashioned cradle charger if the USB doesnt work, but seriously if the phone has been used so much that the USB got damaged its worthless, no pawn shop would give you even a dollar for a phone that isnt as good as new, you can try selling them for parts on ebay but I dont fancy your chances of success.

Only if they have the wireless charging option and you go get a wireless charging device which will cost you money. In the end your used up phone will still be worthless, so you will be out the cost of the charger and wasted time.