Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Alessa
Lv 6
Alessa asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Are you happy when they make a movie that takes place in your city?

Attachment image

23 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Sure, it's always nice seeing my hometown,  especially since moving overseas,   and NYC is featured in 100's of films. 

I use to see them being made in the streets, all the time when I lived there . 

• 1 month ago

I've never experienced that in any town or city I ever lived in so I can't say I would be happy or not. It would be great if I were an extra in a movie that was being filmed locally. I would get PAID something.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes but the actors don’t have time to stop and chat because they run in to their hotel rooms they just rent the whole hotel, and they don’t say hi because they are trying to memorize their lines every day like Meg Ryan and Denis Quads movie by Ford Davis Texas 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i absolutely hate it if my town gets on the news or tv,  i curse it no end and call everyone who lives in it the worse names - cos tbh, it really is the most vile disgusting s***hole on the planet.  I guess if you took out 90% of the s*** bags who live here, relocated them maybe on a remote island so they could poison each others heads with toxic b/s ,  my town MAY prosper.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. In 1959 (29 years before I was born), the movie "On The Beach" was filmed here, which stars Gregory Peck, Ava Gardner and Fred Astaire. Based on news footage, it seemed the Melbournites were excited to have Hollywood stars here. So yeah, I wasn't alive then but I know it happened in the 1950s.

Photo attached: scene from the movie where Ava Gardner (the woman in white) is running towards Flinders Street Station after an argument with Gregory Peck on Swanston St.

Flinders Street Station and Swanston Street are still there (the Melbournites don't like things to change 🤪) and I go there all the time in my city errands. Quite a few 7Elevens, banks and rock n’ roll/ vintage clothes stores on Swanston Street. 

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Not particularly.  "H.O.T.S." (1979) was made nearby.  It wasn't very good.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes.  Chicago has made some great movies in the city.

the blues brothers

ferris buellers day off

the dark knight

the bourne legacy had a couple scenes

the weather man

the transformers the dark of the moon

stranger than fiction

• 1 month ago

Yes, I am and they have made so many too.

Look a little sad act LOL.

• 1 month ago

yes, i like movies

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

🥴

Never seen it. 

But when Hawaii 5-0 was being filmed, I saw the signs for it everywhere in Honolulu. Signs said E Y E I think?

So... just looked like construction signs and scenery.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I cooked a meal for Cuba Gooding Jr. decades ago when he was filming "Outbreak" in the city I lived.

I also ate lunch with Jeff Goldblum and Julianne Moore while working on the Greens Crew for The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

I didn't mind either situation.

Source(s): Former Humboldt County resident.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.