Alessa
Alessa asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Are you happy when they make a movie that takes place in your city?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Sure, it's always nice seeing my hometown,  especially since moving overseas,   and NYC is featured in 100's of films. 

I use to see them being made in the streets, all the time when I lived there . 

I've never experienced that in any town or city I ever lived in so I can't say I would be happy or not. It would be great if I were an extra in a movie that was being filmed locally. I would get PAID something.

Yes but the actors don’t have time to stop and chat because they run in to their hotel rooms they just rent the whole hotel, and they don’t say hi because they are trying to memorize their lines every day like Meg Ryan and Denis Quads movie by Ford Davis Texas 

i absolutely hate it if my town gets on the news or tv,  i curse it no end and call everyone who lives in it the worse names - cos tbh, it really is the most vile disgusting s***hole on the planet.  I guess if you took out 90% of the s*** bags who live here, relocated them maybe on a remote island so they could poison each others heads with toxic b/s ,  my town MAY prosper.

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. In 1959 (29 years before I was born), the movie "On The Beach" was filmed here, which stars Gregory Peck, Ava Gardner and Fred Astaire. Based on news footage, it seemed the Melbournites were excited to have Hollywood stars here. So yeah, I wasn't alive then but I know it happened in the 1950s.

Photo attached: scene from the movie where Ava Gardner (the woman in white) is running towards Flinders Street Station after an argument with Gregory Peck on Swanston St.

Flinders Street Station and Swanston Street are still there (the Melbournites don't like things to change 🤪) and I go there all the time in my city errands. Quite a few 7Elevens, banks and rock n’ roll/ vintage clothes stores on Swanston Street. 

Not particularly.  "H.O.T.S." (1979) was made nearby.  It wasn't very good.

• Kyle

yes.  Chicago has made some great movies in the city.

the blues brothers

ferris buellers day off

the dark knight

the bourne legacy had a couple scenes

the weather man

the transformers the dark of the moon

stranger than fiction

Yes, I am and they have made so many too.

Look a little sad act LOL.

yes, i like movies

🥴

Never seen it. 

But when Hawaii 5-0 was being filmed, I saw the signs for it everywhere in Honolulu. Signs said E Y E I think?

So... just looked like construction signs and scenery.

• ?

I cooked a meal for Cuba Gooding Jr. decades ago when he was filming "Outbreak" in the city I lived.

I also ate lunch with Jeff Goldblum and Julianne Moore while working on the Greens Crew for The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

I didn't mind either situation.

Source(s): Former Humboldt County resident.