Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Bigorexia information?

I'm try to figure out more about bigorexia and if someone I know has an obsession with gaining muscle (in his case) because he believes he's small... 

1. Is bigorexia about feeling like you are too skinny and trying to gain muscle, or is it about gaining fat or both? 

2. What crosses the line between being really passionate about working out & gaining muscle OR having bigorexia?

Thanks! 

1 Answer

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I've never heard of that condition but a quick search on just the word, revealed various sites online where you can read about it. One of those is listed below.

I didn't see anything in the article about feeling unable to gain muscle due to being too thin, but it may vary from person to person.

To quote the below article:

Someone with bigorexia might experience some of the following symptoms:

obsession with appearance, sometimes called mirror checking

a fixation on your diet and dietary supplements

medication and steroid use related to physical fitness

dissatisfaction with your appearance that leads to depressed moods or anger

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.