Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

i made my mom cry?

my mom works long hours and does chores a lot and i knwo she’s always tired and she is very irritable all the time and i wish i could help with it. but today she took our dogs to the park which was good for her except she used the nice new car (we have other cars she could’ve taken that the dogs usually go in) and i was just irritated because i didn’t want the seats to get scratched and what not since the car is nice. when she got home i did my best to sound not annoyed and said “hey in the future can we take the dogs in another car?” i shouldn’t have said anything because she was already irritable form working and she was really tired like always and it made her so mad and she got really mad at me and said “i have no joy in my life. taking the dogs to the park was supposed to bring me a little bit of joy. all i do is work and do chores. i just wanted to take the dogs to the park. and they can’t go in the other cats because of ——-“ and she started to cry then stormed off and i felt so bad and the whole time i was saying sorry and apologisinf because i felt so bad and now she’s so mad at me and she won’t even talk to me and i’m crying about it and i don’t know how to fix it and i don’t want her to hate me and i’m so close t jsut running away ebavuse i’m such a burden to her i don’t know what to do 

• Foofa

Sounds like Mom's under a lot of stress and TBH unless you paid for this car this wasn't really your business. Just apologize and in the future ask her routinely what you can do to make her life easier. 

First of all you are not a burden. You must realize that life can become very overwhelming specially for those who work long hours and still try to keep the house clean ect, the best thing you can do is if you're able to try and help out with the chores it will take some stress off of your mom and she'd appreciate it cause she is probably like most moms and won't ask for the help that she needs she will just do it herself but let her calm down first then sit down and express to her you want to help out and ask her how you can help out offer to clean while she takes a nap or a bubble bath little things like that mean a lot

you could try apologizing

well you could offer to do some of the chores for her every day, I am sure that would help, but wait until she has calmed down before offering