Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

True or false: it’s babyish to still live with parents after age 21?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Depends on the situation hun.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, as long as you have a healthy relationship with them and aren't freeloading. I'm 22, single, & haven't even finished college yet. I'd be foolish to move out at my current state.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, because they could be still in college...😊

• 2 months ago

It's becoming more and more false these days, but I never believed it to be the case to begin with.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Absolutely not. For whatever reason, it became "uncool" to live with your parents, a trend that started in the 80's. Up until then, many kids still lived with their parents until they got married, or at least got a job or something. Kicking the kids out of the nest is a relatively NEW thing. I think between finances and kids wanting more independence earlier, it just stuck and anyone that lives at home past 21 are considered blights on society. It's silly. I'm 36. If I had no choice at all, I would still always be welcome to COME HOME, no matter how old I get. 

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That would be false.

• 2 months ago

False. There's nothing wrong with multiple generational families. This was the norm 100 years ago.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends on a variety of circumstances. I still lived at home at 21, due to my father

having died recently ALSO my job didn't allow to save up enough for my own place.

Moral of the story being that unless you know why, it's best not to judge such people.

• 2 months ago

No way - as people are unable to afford to live, it's going to happen more and more ..... if you can get along with them, it can be a good arrangement

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not really.     

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.