do you think serial killers are born evil or their childhood effects their adulthood?

idk if that makes sense lol

Favorite Answer

I'm guilty of having been homicidal as young kid, so I feel qualified to answer. I don't know if this is my sentience and memory saying this, or if it is psychopathic egotism: but I feel like I've been wildly angry because of others. I used to fantasize about killing. Yet people say I'm not a psycho because I'm capable of honest introspection. And I do have a conscience. But I believe that is God, and not society creating a super ego in me. But the conscience, I don't always abide by my morality. I'm capable of true evil just because I'm desperate for entertainment. I mean, I even watch violent movies even though I think it is real violence. No special effects whatsoever. At times, I don't feel guilt for it. But sometimes I do. And just to mention, because I'm deeply afraid of hell, I cannot bear to watch horror movies. And, as messed up as it to say, Hostel was one of my favorite movies as a teenager. Yeah. Evil, I know. And, sorry for maybe writing too much about myself. But to wrap it up or point out my answer, I believe it was my life that made me angry. I don't believe I'm an intrinsic rage.

They are born that way. While it's true that many have horrible childhoods

1. they may have inherited those "evil" genetics from their family

2. there are horribly abused children who grow up to be kind and gentle people, maybe family wasn't involved with the bad childhood, or they got lucky enough to miss out of the worst traits of their parents

Either way the answer is to exterminate them

It can be either one. Psychopaths are born that way; sociopaths become that way.

• Fu4

No it's what they go through during their lifetime

i think you are born with a personality like that but childhood experiences can amplify that into adulthood