Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Is it ok to drink one cup of hot chocolate when you are trying to lose weight.?

I’ve just had a cup of galaxy hot chocolate, and I feel soooo guilty. I understand it’s one cup but I just feel like I have ruined everything. I looked up

How many calories it has and how much sugar it contains etc. And it literally made me feel even worse. I decided that I will eat healthy tomorrow to make up for it and do some belly fat exercises. I am only 16, I know I shouldn’t be freaking out about something like this but I generally cannot help it and I don’t want to become obsessed with losing weight.

Favorite Answer

What you do once in a while doesn't really matter, it's what you do every day that does (but keep in mind that that includes exercise).

Dude, if you’re 16 your metabolism is super fast and you should have NO PROBLEM drinking one cup of hot chocolate!  

Just don’t drink it right before bed, or even at night.  The closer you intake calories to bedtime, the more easily it accumulates and turns into excess weight overnight.  I don’t eat dinner and it works wonderfully for me.

You'll be fine. Just dont drink stuff like that every single day to avoid possible health issues down the road. Technically, as long as you eat less calories everyday, you can lose weight, even if you ate absolute junk. But dont do that, fill your body with all the nutrients you need. And dont starve yourself either, that will only make things worse; you will lose fat, muscle mass, and your metabolism will work more slowly, which can make you see results that you dont really want. Just do what you can to be the healthiest that you can be. 

Everything is fine in moderation. Moderation is key.

• y

Moderation, lifestyle, and activity.

Diets alone do not work. Denying yourself certain foods or food groups do not work. Dieting is a multi bullion dollar business becouse , it does not work. You are now feeling guilty, that guilt can eat you up, run you right off that diet of yours, for what. A treat that you have been denying yourself, really.

Plan your meals and snacks, include treats for yourself, Increase activity levels. That does not mean go to a gym, You can, but don't plan on becoming a workout queen, could happen, but for most. They give up. It means get involved, stay on the go, whether that is with hobby groups, volunteering, walking, even cleaning the house keeps on busy.

• Audrey

There is only 80 calories in a cup. Calm down. You will be fine. You won't hain even one ounce.

You have really disordered eating if you feel guilty over having a cup of hot chocolate. Food is meant to be enjoyed in moderation; not to be gorged on and not to be super-restrictive. The fact that people freak out over a slice of chocolate cake is absolutely ridiculous to me. I watch what I eat; I eat healthfully and do not stuff myself. I do not need the whole cake, hell, I don't NEED cake at all, but if I want some damn cake, I eat a serving size. If I want a cookie, I'll eat a damn cookie. I do not need 15 cookies to feel satisfied, one or two does the trick just fine. 

Stop feeling guilty over foods you enjoy, and enjoy those foods in moderation, how they are MEANT TO BE ENJOYED. Why do we have to go from one extreme to the other? You either "can't" eat or eat way too much. And the in-betweeners, the ones who KNOW moderation and KNOW when to stop are looked at like we have 3 effing heads! STOP IT! 

• Andy C

So long as it has <10g of added sugars,  it would be fine, but dark chocolate (85+%) is actually safe for your liver and waistline. 

One cup won't make much of a difference.

It's the attitude that it might be that makes you feel that it was wrong. And make it an obsession.

When you're trying to eat right, there are going to be bad decisions. Forgive yourself immediately and get right back on track. Don't attempt to make up for it or exercise it off, just eat like you should have starting immediately.

If you're counting calories, you can work treats like this into your planned meals and snacks and still do just fine, you know.

I agree that it's not the oops you made today, it's the long-term eating that will result in success or failure.