Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why do Republicans think they know more about a complex disease than actual infectious disease doctors ?

Why should I trust a retarded redneck, who barely passed H.S biology class, and couldn't pass a general chem 1 college class over infectious disease doctors? What good would that do for me?

Pretty soon you will start prescribing medication to cancer patients. Delusional Trumpsters with no college education, telling people how dangerous covid is, how to prevent it , the affect of masks etc. is the same as someone who has no medical knowledge telling people how to prevent, treat and react to cancer. 

Update:

"OTHER infectious disease doctors"

Like WHO?

Update 2:

"Dr. Martin Makary"

Did he claim that masks are useless? 

Update 3:

"YES."

Name 1 infectious disease doctor who claimed that masks don't work in 2021. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 days ago

ur cool we should be friends

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Debating libtards makes you feel really smart. 

Keep in mind, most democrats DIDN'T pass a H.S biology class or even high school for that matter

• 1 month ago

because - virus is a political question...

as an political question this is the object of political debate...

• 1 month ago

Keep it apolitical here. If you think it is only Republicans, then you are bound to be disappointed. (See The First Dragon's answer.)

Both sides need to be held accountable.

For the record, I am an independent conservative. I had a 3.9 average in CHEM 115 at UMB. I am a retired electrical engineer who worked in the semiconductor industry and did contracts for the DOD. I now do part-time work for DHS.

• 1 month ago

Well then, how come Democrats think they know more about it than doctors?

In MY state at least, it is the Democrats micromanaging our lives in contradiction to what doctors and epidemiologists say.  

It's the human condition, especially when an unfamiliar pathogen comes around.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Great point. The answer is human nature, I guess. We all like to think we are geniuses, and some of us think we know more than the experts. This is illogical, of course. Experts go to school for years, learning PROVEN knowledge. That's why we pay them the big bucks.

• 1 month ago

My favorite researcher at the moment is Dr. Martin Makary, Surgeon at Johns Hopkin University Medical Center and United States Surgeon General recommendee under President Barack Obama.

"In my own conversations with medical experts, I have noticed that they too often dismiss natural immunity"

"the consistent and rapid decline in daily cases since Jan. 8 can be explained only by natural immunity. Behavior didn’t suddenly improve over the holidays; Americans traveled more over Christmas than they had since March. Vaccines also don’t explain the steep decline in January. Vaccination rates were low and they take weeks to kick in."

"we also need to reopen schools and society to limit the damage of closures and prolonged isolation."

Is he also a retarded (nice word for liberal RN... love the microagression you consistently use) redneck, who barely passed H.S biology class, and couldn't pass a general chem 1 college class?

A good RN knows that health care is a partnership not a dictatorship. Doctors are far from infallible; most are niche players and don't know how to play with others.  This is why the patient & family need to create the full picture. 

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because those kinds of people are led by their instincts alone and they do not like change nor to be wrong, though they frequently are.

Source(s): To answer your other answer, that's quite the cop-out and NOT a valid reason to just let it run its course. We, the government, are in the business of safeguarding lives, not sacrificing them to some unseen God (The Economy), and your argument is a TERRIFIC reason to try to thwart the progress of the disease. After all, if we HAD taken action back in January, we'd be far better off, whereas (now testing your knowledge of viruses) now, the 1+year of mask wearing is slowly eroding the body's biome, allowing rotoviruses to become much more virulent.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because there are OTHER infectious disease doctors with differing opinions.

----------------

Update: YES. There are so many different opinions on the effects of this virus on the public that no one can say what the best course of action is. This is A VIRUS, and there are far too many variables in how, when or where the disease will bloom to make any blanket statements.

Perhaps you should learn more about how a virus works before you start making any statements about who is right or wrong, yeah?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.