Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 month ago

Are all the new video games not doing well on the market?

I dont see anyone talking about ps5 or xbox series x games. On youtube, the only games trending are minecraft, fortnite, and among us

They probably are doing alright, maybe not as well as the games you listed because not many people seem to have a next gen console so they watch xbox1/ps4/mobile  games and get them trending

I wouldn't say games are not doing well, but over all the trend has been for more indie type games or games you can play with friends, the industry has gotten pretty stagnate as of late, plus a big issue is the new gen of consoles are pretty hard to get with the whole scalping issues, that and there isn't really a killer app either console has like with the ps3/360 ps4/one. 

I have not played a decent game since Ps3. I have a few games for Ps4, but the games I played for Ps4 were either the same or identical to the ones I had for Ps3. The differences between the two is that, with the Ps4, I had to pay extra for certain features, as well as having to pay monthly subscriptions just to play online. I assume the Ps5 would not be much different.

Scalpers need to eat their inventory.

I have bought like ten games now with a PS5 update download.

I hope they swallow there bot buying.

I wouldn't have bought a PS5 till next year anyways, but it sucks when regular people want and then need to pay rent, these scalpers need to be woken up.

Sales of PS4, Xbox One and Switch games are as should be.

Scalpers have messed up the industry and Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo needs to take a look at that.

More consoles are being sold than are being activated, which losses them money.

$1200 for a PS5, hahahaha.

Only the few with no standards or principles would pay that, sad that they have kids.

This bubble will burst and I only hope the still own a **** ton of consoles when Amazon and Walmart has inventory.

yes too much repetition despite the games being enhanced in graphics and character. 

The console is nothing without good games regardless of what they look like 

I think that its kinda a bargain to get the ps5 or the xbox series x due to the price ofc so i think that is why.

I think the xbox series x and PS 5 are a flop cause they're really no different to the xbox and PS 4

They're not being talked about because still to this day, several people including myself CANNOT get their hands on a PS5 sold retail. I refuse to pay anymore than the retail price on some sketchy website.

It's not that the new games & consoles aren't doing well...  it just doesn't get the attention that free-to-play games like Fortnite & Among Us (both on mobile & PC) can garner as well as Minecraft still being fairly popular on YouTube (as that game "broke" a previous version of their algorithm).

The fact that you're using YouTube as your "yardstick" will seriously eschew your view of the gaming market.

At time of writing, the PS5 & XBox Series consoles are still in OVERWHELMING DEMAND as many stores are still suffering long-term outages of the consoles.  Where I work, there's only been TWO SIGHTINGS of these consoles over the past 4 months...  first was at launch, where management sequestered them for online orders (per corporate orders).  Second sighting was during a day off where two of my junior co-workers had to manage the sale of the stock that came in (it didn't help that somebody else in the store was telling everybody in ear-shot about them).  They sold out in practically minutes (generally as fast as they could process the sales) & had to turn away about half the customers due to limited stock.

Due to limit supply for the consoles, it creates a bottleneck that makes it a bit difficult for PS5 exclusives (as Microsoft noted they're not doing any console exclusives for the XBox Series consoles) to get any media foothold.  While it's possible for media group to get 7 PS5's (due to a small over-ordering issue, as they were only planning to get 5 PS5's for their YouTube video...  They had a giveaway for their 2 spares to their community), unless you were diligent in pre-ordering yours...  you're most likely stuck with the "filthy common plebeians" trying to get your hands on the console.  Therefore, if you don't have the console...  you're not going to bother picking up the games.

There are very few PS5-specific or Xbox Series-specific games out there.  Most of the launch titles were also available on PS4 and Xbox One.