Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

devon asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

What should i do? ?

I have gerd right and I've been feeling difficulty swallowing for about a year now and no it doesnt hurt and yes i had a endoscopy thing where they put tube down and check but the doctor said everything is fine but yet im still experiencing this i had on nexium or a while it just prevents it from hurting if i eat a food that trigger my gerd... As for my diet i can eat dairy products just depends on what it is like pizza is fine egg but not fried no milk like on average i eat eggs chicken rice pork etc without any problem just no spicy food or burgers or fast food really i am thinking about trying aloe vera or apple cider vinegar idk i just dont know and im 29 i have been stressing which can be a factor and losing weight because of it i think. Any advice would ve greatly appreciated thx

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

For me, when I had GERD, the biggest change was from weight loss. I didn't need to hit my target weight, but I had to get below a certain number, and like magic, the GERD just stopped. Regain it, and guess what's back.

So if I were you, that's where I'd concentrate my efforts. Forget home remedies like vinegar and aloe vera. Get your weight down and start keeping a food journal showing what and how much you ate at about what time on the left side, and on the right any GERD or other digestive/swallowing/acid issues. Sometimes that shows a clear link between a particular food and an episode.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I have had GERD for years and take Nexium every day. I avoid spicy food and citrus fruits. ACV is rotten apples, NEVER take it with this condition.

Keep a food diary so you can avoid the triggers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.