devon asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

What should i do? ?

I have gerd right and I've been feeling difficulty swallowing for about a year now and no it doesnt hurt and yes i had a endoscopy thing where they put tube down and check but the doctor said everything is fine but yet im still experiencing this i had on nexium or a while it just prevents it from hurting if i eat a food that trigger my gerd... As for my diet i can eat dairy products just depends on what it is like pizza is fine egg but not fried no milk like on average i eat eggs chicken rice pork etc without any problem just no spicy food or burgers or fast food really i am thinking about trying aloe vera or apple cider vinegar idk i just dont know and im 29 i have been stressing which can be a factor and losing weight because of it i think. Any advice would ve greatly appreciated thx

Favorite Answer

For me, when I had GERD, the biggest change was from weight loss. I didn't need to hit my target weight, but I had to get below a certain number, and like magic, the GERD just stopped. Regain it, and guess what's back.

So if I were you, that's where I'd concentrate my efforts. Forget home remedies like vinegar and aloe vera. Get your weight down and start keeping a food journal showing what and how much you ate at about what time on the left side, and on the right any GERD or other digestive/swallowing/acid issues. Sometimes that shows a clear link between a particular food and an episode.

• Tavy

I have had GERD for years and take Nexium every day. I avoid spicy food and citrus fruits. ACV is rotten apples, NEVER take it with this condition.

Keep a food diary so you can avoid the triggers.