Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

me asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

Why do so many American politicians show such contempt and disdain for citizens? Elections seems to just be a game.?

I still have seared my my memory how during a Senatorial debate this past election  how the incumbent Senator when his opponent mentioned how Americans were suffering and he was doing nothing to help them, was smiling and snickering as the opponent spoke, like he thought it was all joke.

Finally...we AGREE on something.

• BB

Sadly, most elected politicians....Not all.... forget that they are Public Servants....that They work for us.

• Foofa

Because it now costs so much to run for public office that you can't do it unless you're beholding to a bunch of special interests and in that case you care more about your benefactors than about the suckers you're convincing to vote for you. 

This is what republicans tend to do when you talk of COVID.