Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Are there any ANXIETY hotlines in the US?

The suicide hotlines aren't appropriate and have said they really can only deal with people who are suicidal.  Hospitals don't help.  They just sit you in a room staring at a wall for hours and wait for it to pass.  They will admit you for a few days and sit you in a room to stare at different walls, give you bad food, and crayons to draw circles on paper (calling it occupational therapy)...and bill thousands of dollars.

Can't afford copays for outpatient care.

Yeah, sure, it is a simple as taking a pill.....and that IS how the hospitals are in my area.  I have a friend that has been in about a half dozen different places...not only that, but they have elderly laying in urine soaked beds, people with feces on their shoes walking around the halls, etc.

Look for a mental health website or group.  I have a family member who had a breakdown.  She most definitely did not sit in a room and stare at walls and draw with crayons.  She also didn't like the food, but it was a facility, not a 5 star resort.  OR see a Physician, explain the situation and ask for medication.

It seems that there should be.  But I don't know of any.

Go to youtube and look up "mindfulness".

There are online support groups.

Listen to music.