Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Are there any ANXIETY hotlines in the US?

The suicide hotlines aren't appropriate and have said they really can only deal with people who are suicidal.  Hospitals don't help.  They just sit you in a room staring at a wall for hours and wait for it to pass.  They will admit you for a few days and sit you in a room to stare at different walls, give you bad food, and crayons to draw circles on paper (calling it occupational therapy)...and bill thousands of dollars.

Can't afford copays for outpatient care.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yeah, sure, it is a simple as taking a pill.....and that IS how the hospitals are in my area.  I have a friend that has been in about a half dozen different places...not only that, but they have elderly laying in urine soaked beds, people with feces on their shoes walking around the halls, etc.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Look for a mental health website or group.  I have a family member who had a breakdown.  She most definitely did not sit in a room and stare at walls and draw with crayons.  She also didn't like the food, but it was a facility, not a 5 star resort.  OR see a Physician, explain the situation and ask for medication.

• 1 month ago

It seems that there should be.  But I don't know of any.

Go to youtube and look up "mindfulness".

There are online support groups.

Listen to music.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.