Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can I attach 6 gpu on my motherboard ?

Hi I have Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 Intel i7 I don't find any details about 

I want to know if I can use 6 gpu on things motherboard please  

PCI Express x1 slots2PCI Express x16 slots3PCI slots2PCI Express slots version2.0

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No you can't.

If you're trying to get in on the mining Gravy then you can only install 5 cards at the most. I've seen companies try to make doublers for the PCI-Express x16 slots but these usually end up damaging the motherboard. 

You might be able to run 5 cards on a PCI-Express x1 riser card, and run the display off integrated graphics. Gigabyte boards with the z68 chipset have a poor and buggy BIOS so you might run into problems.

Pro Tip.... Never, Ever exchange, transfer, or sell Cryptocurrency with your mining rig. Always use a separate computer that's not being used for mining. Crypto thieves will try to manipulate a backdoor on the mining program. The best solution is to use the mining PC for mining only. 

• 1 month ago

While you have a lot of PCI-E slots available on that motherboard, you only have 2 PCI-E x16 slots, which is what a GPU uses. So while you have 6 slots, only 2 of them can be used with a GPU. 

• 1 month ago

we don't understand your question.  Gigabyte's website [under "support"] has a list of all known compatible cpus for that motherboard.  a series 6 cpu will NOT work -- too new and the mobo is too old

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.