Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Artificial Ceramic Polymeric metallic bones ?

Discuss whether artificial bone can be made from metallic or polymeric materials. Explain why a ceramic material is selected / preferred to metals and polymer. 

-Describe the main function of ceramic artificial bone. Explain what key physical, chemical and mechanical properties of the ceramic material make it useful for artificial bones

• Mr. P

Sounds a lot like homework to me. Maybe you should go over your your course notes and spend the next few days reading.

Then you will know the answer more fully.

I think the fundamental concept is toxicity and the ability of the body to accept the new material. Ceramic is sterile by nature, and should have enough porosity to enable integration to natural bone.

• Adam D

Or, and I know this is a novel ides for some people - stop trying to violate your school's honor code and do your own homework.

• qrk

I would guess bacterial infused porosity which allows real bone to fuse to the fake bone.