Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

My dryer shocked me, after I dried a small rug in it.. have I damaged my dryer or is this static electricity built up? ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

    If it was more than just a static charge shock check the connections at the dryer. If they ground wire is not securely connected you can get a shock. You may also need to check the connections at the outlet in the wall and in the service panel. If you are not comfortable doing this call an electrician. 

  • 1 month ago

    Static and flowing current feel much different. I could tell the difference.

  • y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Anything is possible but I'm inclined to think, that it was just a static charge, next time use a dryer sheet or something to reduce that.

  • 1 month ago

    You better be careful that you don't get electrocuted. That goes for any pets you may have in the house. I would think that you could tell the difference between a static charge and an electrical shock. The best thing to do would be to get someone knowledgeable to look at it. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.