How do I get my 12 year old sister to stop talking to strangers online?

She keeps talking to this boy she met in roblox, and whenever I'm around she tries to hide her messages to him. She won't even let me use the laptop we both SHARE. She has no idea of online saftey, and is addicted to roblox, she plays everyday 24/7. I am concerened and I need help. PS my parents don't know what's roblox and my sister is blackmailing me so I don't tell about the boy

That's like my brother! He started making friends with people in Roblox like fancy chip or whatever they are called. He unfriended me, My parent kind of know what Roblox is but my mom calls it 'Roadblock'. I'm guessing you don't feel safe with him playing around strangers, I don't feel safe too. I'm pretty sure his friend 'Fancy Chip'

is sus if it were Among Us I would vote him out. I say to sort your sister out is to deny Roblox. Delete her account. She can't log in again if you haven't put our parent's email. I deleted my brother's account even though he's 13 and does SEEM to have brains, he can't seem to log in again and since I'm older and the iPad is mine, it's in my room and can't use it again (I changed the password so he has to be EXTRA nice to me if I'll let him use it)

P.S. I won't let him use it if he is extra nice to me :)

Roblox, seriously?

What does she have on you?

Is this some PEDO, she's talking to?

Are you just paranoid?

Not everything in the world is wrong, I used to talk to people on AOL growing up and yeah, that was like nuts, no blocking, no security online at all, how can you be sure she isn't just talking with another kid playing the game?

12 years old in this day and age, unless she has NO outside influence, she should know of online security/safety.

Probably nothing to worry about?

You could ask her friends about the game and ask questions.

Cool that you're concerned, but it's most likely harmless.

Amber alerts, DNA, not much happens these days where kids are harmed outside of the house.

Thank God.

I wanted my Privacy when I was 12-17, it's normal.

I'm guessing you are older and her brother?

Just be the big brother and let her do her thing, be there and have an EAGLE EYE, but don't react till you need to, it will only piss her off and she will most likely distance herself even more. 

I wouldn't care if the blackmail is YOU talking to a much younger girl on roblox, tell on her a*z. Tell like its the good news of the century. Better yet, take screenshots of their conversation with your cell phone to make good and sure you got proof. Your inaction today could mean her safety tomorrow. Get on it!

If you have a labtop try to talk to your daughter or set a time limit if that not work try to let be.

Source(s): If you have a labtop try to talk to your daughter or set a time limit if that not work try to let be.

Really if she's talking to some dude on the internet it's probably infinitely worse than anything she can be holding over your head; tell your parents, trust me.

Google has this resource for teaching kids about online safety: 

https://beinternetawesome.withgoogle.com/en_us/

And there's an online gaming site with games about online safety: 

https://beinternetawesome.withgoogle.com/en_us/int...

Other than that, just keep reminding her that she doesn't really know anything about people on the internet, it's easy for them to lie, and they could be nasty old perverts pretending to be young boys. 

For more info, google "online safety for teens." 

Ya know oding (online dating) in Roblox is considered to be bannable. Just report her account looool.

• she's blackmailing you?, look i don't know obviously what that is , but i think you need to ignore it, also just inform your parents of your concerns, if you have the knowledge and concern  to come on social media and ask complete strangers (let's be honest) then surely you have the responsibile attitude to explain it to your parents,, especially given the time you are saying,( 24/7) i'm sure they will be more than gratefull, and know you have a responsible attitude,  forget snitching nonesense, this is actually a tangible way to show that you care.. i'm just somewhat surprised they hav'nt noticed..

Pretend to be a stranger on the internet and scare her?