Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Pressure washers ?

I’m thinking of using a pressure washer to clean my paving. However my water tap is slow. Will it affect performance or do pressure washers take water from the tank or via a hosepipe. Tia 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Get some cheap bleach.( lots of it). Cover the paving with it and get

a stiff broom and work in.

Leave for an hour. Rinse with the normal hose. It’s quicker than the pressure washer and you won’t miss bits.

• 1 month ago

if your tap is slow because the incoming water is slow, hire this job done by an outfit that brings and uses a 600 gallon tank -- their machine draws from the tank while it refills [to the extent possible] from your tap.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You hook up your water supply to the pressure washer using a garden hose.  It takes a typical supply of water.  If you have an adequate supply of water from 1 tap, you should  have enough for the pressure washer.  You can find the water supply requirement for the washer in the specs. and you can estimate how much water you can supply by timing the required time to fill a known volume container.  Say, if you can fill a 5 gallon bucket in 30 seconds, your flow rate is 10 gallons per minute.  Then look at the flow rate required for the pressure washer in the specs.  As long as the required rate of the washer is less than the rate supplied by you tap, the washer has an adequate water supply.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Is there some pressure washers that have large plastic tanks but the ones that you rent connect to your hose bib.

Even if you have bad water pressure as long as you have enough water to feed the pressure washer the pressure washer shoots less water at a much higher pressure

Then what is coming out of your hose bib.

If you was to shoot as much water that's coming out of your hose bib at 2000 lb of pressure you would blow holes in your wall. Waterways 8 lb per gallon if you put 2000 lb of pressure on 8 lb of water you have 16,000 pounds pushing on whatever you're squirting.

So the volume of what's coming out of that nozzle although it's very high pressure you don't want a lot of volume are there goes parts of your wall in your paint gets blown off and windows get busted

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Your low flow may not matter. The washer takes in water and then pressurises it by itself. Mine, like many, will draw water from a bucket if required.  No flow there at all.

• 1 month ago

Pressure washes use their own power supply to create pressure.

• 1 month ago

They are fed from your hose. The use low volumes of water, so it should be fine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.