Bad relationship with father may end in lose of house?

My father is 89 and I'm 51. I've messed up a credit card when I was 19 in the Army and a leased truck when I was 30 when I was forced to retire from working. I moved out of place and back home 2 years ago to help my father which his mobility has went down 60%. I saved his life once when he had a blockage. Now he wants to sell the family house because he says I can't keep it up. I can't not buy the house for any 2 years and i have no place to go. Ive tried to tell him to at least let me try for a few months and if not then sell it. 

• L

The house belongs to your father and if he wants to sell - then he has that right.

It’s like West PAC  bank mr evans  is a person not evil man people who solve even on pension are worth billions   I found that banks are not evil but saviours of industry 

Try what?  It is his house, not yours.  If he wants to move to something smaller or more manageable, who are you to tell him what to do?  Don't be so selfish.

So what's your question?

Your dad owns a house and can do what he wants with it. 

You are an adult and are responsible for providing for your own basic needs.

No one owes you a house or inheritance.

At age 89, dad can't keep up his house and it makes total sense for him to sell it.   Honestly?   It's a bit shameful of you to expect an 89 year old to be taking care of you.  He needs your support, not your guilt, so stop being so self-entitled.

Well you'll shed tears when he passes on,  you only get one dad mate.

just saying.

It's your dad's house. Not yours. Therefore, he can sell it without any approval or agreement from you. You don't sound like you DO have a lot of financial savvy, and if you try to take over the house, you may lose it. Let him sell. Find a place of your own. Stop trying to get something for nothing. And listen to your dad. 

• y

Dads right, you are wrong, you are allowing your fear for your future to potentially seriously, screw over your dad. Right now is a good time to sell, which he should, then check into one of those old fart places. Between his house and government benifits and such, he will be able to live the rest of his life in relative comfort and be safe.

• n2mama

Sorry to hear that. You haven’t really asked a question. The fact is that your father doesn’t owe you the family house, if he wants to sell it he has that right. You are 51, financial mistakes from 20-30 years ago would not still be impacting you unless you have continued to make poor financial decisions since. And if your father has been watching you make bad financial choices over and over, he may not want to sell you his house, which is his right. You have no leverage here.

How is this a question? And what should we say? Hire a lawyer.

If it's got to this stage (ie you've been there 2 years and have failed to look after the house) - it's hard to imagine why a few more months would make any difference.