?
? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Is it safe to use automatic sign ins and passwords on two different Browsers?

On my mobile phone i have my passwords and sign ins to various sites on Google/Chrome (ie it automatically puts my details in when I go to a website). On my laptop I use Microsoft Windows, is it fairly safe to also use all my sign ins/passwords on Microsoft Windows as well?

Thank you to everyone who kindly answered and gave excellent advice. I am definitely clear on what to do or not do now.

• Reese
    Favorite Answer

I think it is safe as long as your not downloading cracks/hack software and games.  people do put trojans in them and use them to take over your computer.... so if your not using cracks/hack software you should be fine. just keep a virus scanner on it. 

remember to rate.

Define "safe".

Anytime you have a saved password like that, if you were to have your phone stolen and they hack into it, they then have access to all the sites you have the password saved on.  (Same if someone got access to your laptop and the passwords are saved there.)

The one problem you would hit if you save the passwords on both your phone and your laptop is that is you change the password on one device, the other will still have the old password saved.  You will have to remember the new password to be able to update it on the other device.

• Lv 7

if somebody steals your device, auto sign in ensures they will have access to your accounts as well.

you might think that will never happen, but there are thousands of cases each year...

"Fairly" is the word here.  When you use an automatic sign in to such places as Yahoo Answers, or some hobby site, you're fine. BUT when you have an automatic sign in to your BANK or CREDIT CARDS then you are setting yourself up for loss.  If you lose the phone, or someone steals your computer, they can get it all.  ANd since they have the password, the bank may NOT support you in such situations.  Never use an auto log in to any site which carries your banking information or Credit Card information. 

• Sandy

get a VPN to protect you on all your devices.