Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

San
San asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Which word is correct?

Don't run after your (escaped / escaping) pet rabbit, which will cause it to run farther.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I would say "escaped", though I guess either would work.  But the sentence is worded incorrectly. "which" is wrong – it refers to the rabbit, not the running after it – and it should be two sentences:

"Don't run after your escaped pet rabbit.  This will cause it to run farther."

Or you could write it as one sentence separated into clauses by a semi-colon:

"Don't run after your escaped pet rabbit; this will cause it to run farther."

That sentence doesn't make sense.  

Running after your escaped pet rabbit will cause it to run farther.

Either is perfectly OK depend how much in the act of escaping you consider the bunny is.

Both seem ok but I would say escaping.