Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

will 3 in 1 oil work & be sufficient in lubricating my new knife?

i bought a new utility/hunting knife, very expensive, i'm happy with it....but the care instructions say to store it outside of its sheath, and keep the blade lubricated with some mineral oil....but all i have is 3 in 1 oil?  will 3 in 1 oil work to keep the blade lubricated? as good as mineral oil?

Favorite Answer

3 in1 oil is a light grade of mineral oil. It will do the job but may need to be re-applied more often than a heavier grade of oil.

Yeah. if you want.  However 3 in 1 is not food safe.  Mineral oil is food safe .  Personally I never oil my knives and I never leave them out in the rain.  It is in it's leather sheath most of the time. No rust or other problems. Over 50 years.