Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

will 3 in 1 oil work & be sufficient in lubricating my new knife?

i bought a new utility/hunting knife, very expensive, i'm happy with it....but the care instructions say to store it outside of its sheath, and keep the blade lubricated with some mineral oil....but all i have is 3 in 1 oil?  will 3 in 1 oil work to keep the blade lubricated? as good as mineral oil?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

3 in1 oil is a light grade of mineral oil. It will do the job but may need to be re-applied more often than a heavier grade of oil.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yeah. if you want.  However 3 in 1 is not food safe.  Mineral oil is food safe .  Personally I never oil my knives and I never leave them out in the rain.  It is in it's leather sheath most of the time. No rust or other problems. Over 50 years.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.