Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If we have lived this long without the vaccine, then what is the point in getting it?

• ..
    Favorite Answer

This is the 21st century DJ we expect there to be one or, we expect the medical experts to find one. The 1918 Spanish flu killed 50 million folks world wide and mutated 4 times, there was no vaccine.

You don't have to get it.

• susan

Many people would not have died from Scarlet fever, Diptheria and mumps  and polio if there had been a vaccine around at the time. I was happy to have the vaccine for Covid because I think it will protect me from the worst symptoms.

THAT is a daft question.

Just because you have not succumbed to a virus as yet, is no 100% guarantee you never will. 

Taking the attitude of `It will never happen to me` is extremely naïve.

The point is that we would like to get back to normal life without putting ourselves or others at risk.

The point is that we need to restore our economy, to create jobs and to rebuild public finances. We need to get back to work. We can't do that until it is safe enough and it won't be safe enough until enough of us have had the vaccination.