Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Any predictions on when covid will be at a manageable level?

I want to start trying to socialize more and all the meetup groups are pretty much cancelled. I am tired of staying home all the time.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's manageable now. 15% of the population has immunity. There are treatments (ie Dexamethasone) At this point, if you're under 70 and don't have an autoimmune disorder you probably have a greater chance of being killed by lightning. 

I have severe asthma and beat the damn thing in 5 days. Take vitamin C and zinc and your prescribed Growacet. Like I've said on here previously, we will reach herd immunity in the US before the end of may. 

• 1 month ago

We're already there.  Ask your doctor to prescribe Growacet.

• 1 month ago

Given the accelerated vaccination schedule, maybe by the end of the year if places hold the line and don't open too soon.

• 1 month ago

The vaccine rollout has been a disorganized mess of the highest proportions.  If govt were accountable, people would be fired for it...but they won't because govt doesn't care whether it succeeds or not.  

I think you're looking at probably May/June before the vaccine rollout really tamps things down.  But by then, you could be looking at the rise of a new mutation that was recently discovered.  The new mutation appears to BOTH be deadlier and better at spreading AND better at attacking people who have been vaccinated already.

My advice is that you need to learn how to live WITH the virus as a fact of life.  Socialize, but do so safely.  Prefer smaller get togethers rather than big parties.  Hold stuff outdoors with distance once the weather warms up.  Have long gaps between get togethers so that you know you aren't carrying anything from occasion to occasion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

One thing that I have noticed:  The countries that are by far the worst effected (with the greatest loss of life) all have a conservative government!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If nonexistent is considered a manageable level than we’re already there... if you’re talking about corruption then it won’t end until sheep become shepherds and learn to lead themselves. What I really think is funny is how people bring politics into the pandemic, most viruses don’t discriminate, but for some reason coronavirus seems to only affect liberals.. 

• 1 month ago

It's still very hard to predict.  It's about how fast people get vaccinated and how many people don't.  And it's about how many people continue to follow preventative measures until enough people are vaccinated.  I think pretty much everyone is tired of staying at home but the best way to get back to normal is to continue to be patient until it actually is under control.  Some places have opened up too soon and they are almost certainly going to have more cases before they have fewer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.