Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What temperature is the best to dry my black clothes on to prevent fading and preserve their darkness, low heat, medium heat, or high heat?

I need and want to know what temperature is the best to dry my black clothes on to prevent fading and preserve their darkness, low heat, medium heat, or high heat? Please give me details with a source or 2 with your answers, if any of you can! That'd be very greatly appreciated. A source or 2 with each and every answer isn't exactly needed, but it's so very preferred.

Favorite Answer

Dryer temperature has nothing to do with your clothes fading.  Fading takes place in the washing machine.  Cold water is best to prevent fading. Avoid washing with any product that contains chlorine or peroxide.   

If you are referring to your Antifa uniform, George Soros has issued laundry instructions.  Machine wash, warm water, normal speed to remove the blood and smoke residues.  Dry on low, gentle heat.  George recommends that the uniform be ironed to remove wrinkles so that the group looks sharp for pre-riot photos.  Destroy the garment if there are any stabbing or bullet holes as this would be evidence in the unlikely event the government lost control and was forced to represent the citizens.