Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can aluminum oxide leach into skin? If so, how much?

We had an aluminum trailer and after walking on it barefoot our feet were black. I then learned this was aluminum oxide I guess. Maybe also magnesium? Anyways? I was wondering if any aluminum got into our bloodstream from this contact.

Are you sure it just isn't soot from the the road or car exhaust?  Aluminum is often anodized with a black color incorporated, but Al2O3 is usually white or even colorless. It is also insoluble in water, so even if it is aluminum oxide, it will not enter your bloodstream any more than dirt on the bottom of your feet.