Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

What is the meaning of my life? Why am I in this world? What is my purpose?

I began searching myself recently for this answer as well.

I started Tweeting (@JacTwinkles) and Blogging (jacintapensdown.blogspot.com) on my journey in the hope of finding a meaning to my life.

Try to be as bizarre as possible, don't settle for established things. 

To bang babes, drink whiskey and listen to Beethoven 

• ?

You won't get anywhere with any of this if you don't KEEP a RECORD, your impressions, beliefs, views.

Every 8 months or so read them all over, summarize.

Mine is different; we are all different.

I have several reasons for each question posed.

These are good questions, important one's.

May I suggest you start with purpose?  What it COULD be, what it definitely is not.

Keep searching, asking.  You'll form good views.

Life is realizing your presence in some form on this earth. Life is to live. Wherever you go and whatever you read, at last you will come to a mere conclusion that life is to live, just to live. First of all you must know what human beings are. Human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games. The soft-wares for these robots are spirits or invisible elements. These robots are programmed by different people by oral talks, writings and actions too. During this process the spirits possess a human being according to the programs. Further these robots can program themselves when they wish.

A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. Even thoughts are not these robots' own. One after another they think and these robots either choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to their minds through brains in the form of thoughts. Brain is a media to connect the spirits to your mind. Your mind is just a computer's mind. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get its mind. The same is the case with the human beings. A soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. A body's functionality is based on the auto mechanism. A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. Memories are different spirits. Spirits determine the destiny of a human being from his/her daily activities, talks and thoughts too. On death these spirits leave the body and go to different places. No one lives in any form after death.

If you ask me, (and I guess you just did) your purpose is to send me a hundred dollars every month. I wish you the best of luck in fulfilling your life's purpose. 😁

• Mike W

It's up to you to give your life meaning, and to find a purpose for yourself.  

You are here to get to know and serve your Creator and Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, and to get prepared for eternity.  

Source(s): The New Testament (recommended reading)

There is no purpose provided or even needed.  However if you really want one, you can have one, you just have to invent your own.

To be an audience member. To forever sit on the sidelines. This is what awaits you Lakshmi, if you ask these kinds of questions on Yahoo Answers. I come here to be with my people, not to interact with depressed middle schoolers who have read a few pages of Camus.