Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

are the number of calories on foods accurate?

8 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not always, no. The nutritional label on a particular food may or may not be accurate based on who the manufacturer is and where it was manufactured (not all countries have the same guidelines for accuracy on those labels). 

• 1 month ago

It's doubtful and why would you count calories?  Are you trying to lose weight?  Count carbs instead, you won't starve half to death eating low carb.  Calorie restriction will do it though

• 1 month ago

No,cause some times nutritionist even also hating fat persons,forget what to advice for calories.

Attachment image
  • Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

In Brief. Almost every packaged food today features calorie counts in its label. Most of these counts are inaccurate because they are based on a system of averages that ignores the complexity of digestion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

s=Yes- generally- the Trick is the **Portion** Size Listed

If serious about  portion control get a simple scale and use Measuring cups & spoons and see How much you are actually eating.

check out this

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weigh...

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It doesn't matter.   They're pretty accurate,  but not really precise. 

• 1 month ago

i would hope so

• 1 month ago

I don’t think they are tbh how can every food item be made the exact same. I’m sure it off by 100-200 cal but that’s just my opinion

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.