Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 1 month ago

Baby chicken chirping very loudly?

Exactly a week ago I bought 6 baby chicks. All of them are doing good but one of them will chirp very loudly and then settle down for a while, and then start chirping loudly again. None of the other baby chicks do this. Occasionally I pick it up to hold it and it stops chirping for the most part. But once I put it back it will start again. I have them in a brooder with pine shavings that is at the ideal temperature for them at their age. I make sure they have chick starter and clean water all the time. It eats and drinks just fine like all the others. This particular chick is a Plymouth Rock. Would anyone know why or how I could fix this?

a broody hen would be great

i would ask a vet about it