Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Is it normal to be annoyed by people who speak like they dropped out of school?

Just waiting to pick up an order and I overhear I conversation where "people be like waitin fo realz they be taxing here" and I friggin hate it when people talk like that. It's understandable when someone has broken English because they were born in another country but being born here and talking like you were raised in a trap house just really pisses me off for some reason. Makes me want to hit somebody. Both my parents were born in Mexico so don't give me any of that "white racist" bull$&%#. I'm looking for intellectual answers here

What bothers me is hearing people who know better say things like me and him went to the dance together.  

• John

No, there is little more offensive in this world than those who have set themselves up as other peoples' language police.