Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Would it create tension in a workplace if I don't talk to a coworker?

Especially when that coworker helped me hide from a stalker. That coworker has seniority over most of us and is generally liked by everyone... well except me. I don't say hi to her and I never look at her. 

Be polite and have regular work conversation with them.You don't have to be besties.

You have posted this elsewhere, under the heading 'Is my co worker nice'? Do you plan to keep posting the same thing different ways until someone gives you an answer what your little piece of a conscience will be happy with? Here's my answer - you need therapy.

Having a person with a stalker who doesn't go to the police would create far more tension.

• ?

it might create tension

• ?

Literally what is your reasoning to ignore her

That's a really stupid thing to do. Unless you're trying to get fired for insubordination. What is wrong with you?  She helped you and you pay her back by not talking to her? Rather ungrateful of you. Stop being so stupid and get over yourself.  Say hi and be polite or get fired. 

Be a grownup, acknowledge her and go about your day. She may not be your favorite person, but she has feelings and notices if she is being excluded.