What excuse can I make to not go back to the office?

I can’t stand the people I work with, I hate having to sit with them and listen to them. It’s such a playground environment. My work has announced we will be returning to the office by the end of March on a rota basis. I really don’t want to work with them, I’m looking for a job at the moment but I doubt I’ll get one by then. I can’t stomach working with them. What excuse can I give to not return to the office

If you quit your job, you don't need an "excuse".  You only need to tell the supervisors that you're quitting. But if you just want to work from home instead of actually going into the office, then you'll need a valid reason to continue to do so. 

If I were your boss, I'd sit down with you and have a discussion about WHY you don't want to come in--but beware--if you go to such a meeting and tell the boss that you simply don't like your co-workers, it will fall on YOU for blame. It's just as much YOUR responsibility to get along with your co-workers as it is theirs. And it doesn't look like you have done much from the way your question was framed. Do you have really VALID reasons for not wanting to work with these people?  Do they slack off, or are they not doing their jobs?  Then you can address that--by presenting facts that support your allegations. If you simply don't LIKE them, that's a real red-flag to most employers. You're acting anti-social, and anti-team. That's not good for YOU. It probably won't affect THEM, except maybe to get you fired. So maybe you should re-evaluate what it is that REALLY  causes problems. Not liking people is not a professional way to behave. 

You don't need to give a reason.  You just tell them two weeks in advance that you are quitting.

You never have to go to the office again

No excuse needed

Its called quitting

Quit yr b*tching.  Either quit or get back there and suck it up.

tell them you want to work from home

Hand in your notice, explain everything to HR at the exit interview.

Best to have already found employment.

Warning, it may turn out that You are not wanted, and they were looking for an excuse to terminate employment.