ash asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Need help with this ?

I am a 29 year old female and when I was born I was really tiny and just had a lot of problems and I don’t drive because of my emotions and I still live with my parents and my mom does not know if she will ever let me drive by myself. They have both taken me driving many times to practice  and also my uncle

started dating a woman 2 years ago and I go with them every Wednesday night for supper and even before she came into the picture and she keeps on bringing up that I don’t drive and how I don’t have a job and also not much of a life but I do know that she loves me because she keeps saying it and she is very blunt and it’s hard to not take this personally about these things she brings up but I do so how should I not let this bother me? She has told me that she does not look down on me because of this and I do just keep going with them every Wednesday anyway 

If you are a 29 year old human being and you cannot work and support yourself then you are disabled as an adult.

It's obvious.

Why don't you tell her this?

maybe you should get some help so you can work

You have some choices here, that you are not yet exercising: speak up ! Tell your uncle's girl friend that discussing your private life, goals, activities, etc. is off limits from now on. Do not respond when she "forgets" and still repeats her former behavior. Either ignore her comments, change the subject, or walk away. ITs called being assertive.  The other thing you could do is stop going to dinner with them. Problem solved. P.S. Read and heed what "Martin" wrote, he's right.

• martin

You need to break away from your family somewhat and get involved with perhaps a local government sponsored program that offers counseling and assistance in finding a job and a place to live.