Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is it normal for a guy to be asexual?

I am not gay or straight. I'm not attracted to anyone. I'm 24 years old. I never had a relationship with anyone lasting longer than a week because they wanted to do the deed and I didn't want to. 

Update:

I don't like the idea of being in a romantic relationship at all. For personal reasons.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is not normal or not normal.Every body is different. Talk to the counselor at the gay ctr. Find out why you are missing out on intimacy. 

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It is normal if a guy is asexual. Do not let others get to you for such an anodyne thing. 

• 1 month ago

No it is not. I could suggest you go to a good doc., & get a full scale blood test & checkup. You don't need to reveal the real reason why.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Nope! That's not normal!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Of course it's not "normal".  You know that.  "Normal" refers simply to what most people do and feel; it's not a value judgment.  Most people do experience attraction, most people do fall in love.

That's not to say that it's wrong.  If you are perfectly happy and content without sex and romance in your life, if you just have no interest on them, that's fine. There's no law that says you MUST have sex, that you MUST fall in love.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

People on this site are always asking "Is it normal?" "Is it weird?" "Is it okay?" as if we must go to our mommies to ask if what we've discovered, or what we want to do, is permitted.  You don't need anybody's permission or approval to be asexual, so don't ask for it.  Not your mother's - not your peers' - not your contemporaries'.  Don't even wonder about it.

Are any of THEM asking YOU if it's okay for them to be the way THEY are?  No.  So why should you think you need any of THEM to approve of how YOU are?  You DON'T!

There's nothing wrong with you.  Just be who you feel like being.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The definition of normal is "usual, typical, expected" so by definition no but normal does not equal good and abnormal does not equal bad. Its not normal to have a job you absolutely love but its a good thing if you do. On the other hand it is normal to be overweight in certain parts of the world but I think we can agree that that's not a good thing. 

Another problem with it is people don't tend to use normal by its actual definition. "Normal" to many people means something that is ok or ideal. People might say its not normal to be overweight because its unhealthy even though being overweight fits the definition of normal. 

I guess what I am trying to say is who cares. There is nothing wrong with being asexual. Most people are not but that doesn't mean its bad. 

• martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Stick to your guns.  Wait for the right person.  Someone itching to get it on, is not the right person.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Certainly it's normal. Anyone can be asexual and/or aromantic. While most people are not either, that doesn't mean it's not okay to be who you are.

• jijawm
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

"Normal" as defined on the bell-curve of sexual behavior,  is heterosexuality. You're probably less obsessed with it than most, placing you on the left side of the curve. The extreme opposite is where you find criminal perversion. The not so extreme side is where you find the 10% non-mainstream behavior.

That said, "normal" is mediocrity. Comfortable mediocrity. 

Why aspire to be normal?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.