Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do you think human beings evolved or were created by God?

HUMANS WERE CREATED WHEN THEY HAD NO ANCESTORS:

The evolution of humans was the act of God. So it's two answers (merged science and religion) at once.

I go with science and not a book of fairy tales to control the less intelligent.  Sorry, but if you believe that living by the ignorant rules and fantasies of the bible, then you are a part of the less intelligent.

There is no "think" about it. Human apes and chimpanzee apes evolved from common ancient ape ancestors. This is the strongest fact of science. 

There are facts and there are fantasies. Facts always win. God-did-it has a very long history of being completely wrong.

The bible thumpers who infest this place are uneducated. They're too lazy to look things up. Science websites make them cry.

Paul "First, God created the time, space, energy and matter that are necessary for living species to exist." What childish nonsense. Paul calls himself a biologist. He's not a biologist, he's a god-soaked science denier. 

• Carym

Humans did not evolve.

God created them, blessed them, and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it…” [Genesis 1:28]. Simply, God desired for Adam and Eve to have many children and for their children to have many children.

_________

Listen to Paul (our snake smart biologist), “Now I'll show myself here on R&S, to have more of the serpent in me than the dove---that is, more knave and fool than innocence and common sense.” Thanks Paul. Just don’t call yourself a born-again Christian.

• Rjgmh

They were created by God. Random processes cannot bring structure. If you throw a dice and it lands 100 times in a row on 6, you tell the other person that He is cheating. because that is not random. In the same way DNA, cannot randomly hold the information to create complex structures that we cannot even build ourselves with our current knowledge. So evolution is scientifically impossible.

Therefore I believe in God, and trust in Jesus who paid the penalty for my sins so that I may go to heaven.

• Phil M

Evolution is possible, creation is not.

Which is more plausible:  1. Everything in the universe came about by a long, slow natural process, or, 2. Some magical immortal anthropomorphic being spoke everything into existence with an incantation spell.  My money is on the science every time.  By definition magic, the supernatural and deities cannot exist. 

• Paul

Both. First, God created the time, space, energy and matter that are necessary for living species to exist. Then He allowed living species to gradually evolve, which allowed them to remain well adapted to an ever-changing environment over millions of years. Then He endowed the most intelligent form of Primates with an immortal soul and a spiritual nature, thereby bringing the first humans into existence by a direct act of His will, His only creations with both a biological nature and a spiritual/supernatural nature.

born again Christian biologist

The Universe itself is sustained in existence by God, but humans evolved, in accordance with God's will.