Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What does the proverb "more lambs than sheep are slaughtered" mean? ?

I have never heard it. Proverbs are usually not literal, so this one isn't really about sheep.It seems to be saying that more young people than old are killed. I guess that could be true if it were referring to the fact that murders in the US are almost always among gangs and drug dealers, who are mostly young. But it's not a proverb that Americans know. 

• Ivan

I've never heard that one before. I would guess that it means lamb meat is more popular than is mutton from an older sheep.

The meat is more tender when they are lambs.