Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do bank lenders need to see paystubs when closing on a house? ?

Hey everyone. I am moving to a different state and I am lucky enough to transfer with Job at my current hourly wage. I am in the middle of waiting for my house to be done being built and closing is about a month away. I already sent my transfer papers that state I will be transferring with the same pay and also had my boss email the bank saying I don’t lose any pay. Will they still ask me to bring in paystubs for closing for proof or is my transfer papers and email from my boss enough? Thanks everyone 

They usually ask for pay stubs BEFORE you get the mortgage. Not at the closing. But if your closing officials want them now, then you have to give them what you have--you can't manufacture them out of thin air. 

No. They need to see your paystubs to verify that you can pay the mortgage.

They may want to check that the title deed (or its equivalent) is in your name, but the pay stubs are about you being able to pay the mortgage

They only need to see what they asked for.

Probably......Lenders want to see your paystub from the last pay period before closing.  Often they will call the employer a few days prior to closing to varify employment making sure you haven't been laid off.  Many employers will only confirm employment by mail.

They will probably want to see your last bank statement before closing too.

Yep, they are going to need proof of income.

They'll probably want paystubs.  E-mails are too easy to fake.

No.

They will do an employment verification with your employer 2-5 days before closing.