Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Does anyone else get really angry when people mess with your own stuff without permission?

Idk maybe I'm overreacting, but I hate it when someone spontaneously changes something in my environment. It makes me feel so angry and annoyed, and I don't even usually get angry easily. It just irks me when something isn't going my way. :/

Update:

I'm an 18 year old female btw.. I was asking because I thought maybe something is wrong with me :)

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I believe you are a control freak who is stuck in a mental rut. You imply that you don't like anyone changing anything in your own environment. Does this mean your own environment is your comfort zone such as your room or personal space?

• 1 month ago

Ownership seems to be getting into a dimension of over rated stuff for men now a days.

• Frank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It depends on what it is they mess with.  If they opened my briefcase and sorted through my paperwork I'd be livid.  If they took a peek at what I'd brought in my lunch box I'd be annoyed but would keep calm.

If I were given instructions to do certain work and then the boss changed the instructions once I'd started the task I would not be happy about it at all.

• 1 month ago

I used to but now I'm relaxed.

It doesn't really bother me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Eerything isn't going to go your way from today through the rest of your life.  It's just how it is.  Get used to it.

• 1 month ago

Yes, especially when I thought I knew where I put something & it isn't there when I go to get it & have to play hide & seek to find it.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No - a little irritated, perhaps, but there's no reason to get angry at all.

People who get angry over really minor things are in need of psychiatric counselling.

• 1 month ago

I often have the same response.  I think it goes back to my upbringing where I felt disrespected.  Messing with my stuff brings back those same feelings of "leave things alone!".

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most people get upset to some degree when someone starts messing with their stuff.  Everything is where it's supposed to be, and they don't like it when they have to look for things because someone moved it, or took it.  It's more upsetting that they never bothered to ask before doing anything.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.