Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 month ago

Is the DA-40 easier to fly than the SR-20?

A pilot said the SR-20 and the SR-22 are faster and more dynamic but the DA-40 is more stable and easier to fly. Is it true?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The DA-40 flies much like the DA-20 2-seat trainer does - gentle and stable. Although the wing loading of the SR-20 is not much more than the DA-40 (22 vs 18 lb/ft2), the SR-20 is designed to fly fast. It's trickier in the stall than the DA-40 which is almost a non-event. Good landings in the SR-20 require more precision than in a DA-40 and the faster speed of the SR-20 means staying ahead of the airplane requires more attention.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Never flown the SR-20, but a friend delivered a DA-40 from the Factory to Vancouver, CANADA and I went along for the ride and got some seat time of the type.

I liked it. Not an extremely fast airplane but a helluva lot more comfortable than my old Cessna 180 ever was. If you're going to fly in one make sure you have a really good pair of non-polarized sun glasses. The cockpit has a lot of glass area and the instruments are near impossible to read with Polarized glasses.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.