Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

With the vaccine rollout rapidly gaining speed how much longer will we need to wear masks on planes in the United States?  ?

it’s getting old it’s really annoying to wear it for long periods of time.  Lots of people seem to hate it.  Sure I think more people will want to wear them after the pandemic is over but why not give people the option to not wear them once there is no longer a threat of Covid? I keep reading  things in Op-Eds saying that experts want masks on public transit forever and want airlines to require them forever.  What’s true and what is just hype and overreactions?  

Until the day you dah.

We need for about 70% of Americans to have had both shots of the vaccines.  I do not see that happening until the late summer.  Also do not forget we are about to enter a period of time where every time you look around its a holiday weekend. How will Americans behave?  I do not hold much hope on Americans behaving well in the next few months, which means we will have problems for a long time.

• Foofa

One suspects the airlines will demand this into the foreseeable future just to limit their own legal liability. 

Masks also protect from other respiratory diseases, like the common cold and the seasonal flu. Even after getting my second covid shot, I plan to double-mask when confined in a tight space, such as an airplane. I don't want to be a carrier.

• Med 10

I believe  in some way's they are  becoming a fashion statement. Some have smiles printed on them, other have scary looking prints  and others have sparkly do dads. Like they want peoples attention. Look at me!!  And yes I hate wearing them.

• y

vaccine rollout rapidly gaining speed?

Not really, lower vaccination rates then even Trumps plan had projected. Biden promised to increase those prediction as well as the distribution. It actually has been slower up to this point. Of course the talking points are all about the increases in the future, same talking points that were used last month. Eventually they will be right. Eventually production will increase and the process will be streamlined. But that hasn't happened as of yet. Will it happen in a month, two, three? Who knows. The only thing we do know is that the media and the administration will continue to tell us that it is.

Probably for a few more months at least. 

• Justin

We have an 'updated' vaccine for Influenza and 80,000 people died from it last year, 60,000 on average in the U.S.. The Press just doesn't want to piss people off further by pointing out that there is no 'cure' for viruses.

Masks aren't working anyway. The only thing that works is social distancing. If masks were working, the hardest hit communities in the nation would not be faithful mask-wearers 'following the science' while marching in mass rallies, looting and rioting and ignoring social distancing protocols.

We live in a new world where social distancing is what we will have to do from now on. We should have been doing it before. We are paying the price now. 

There are plenty of creative ways to live life enjoyably while giving everyone their six feet of personal space.