Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

James asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Does covid exist in movies and TV shows world?

Are there TV shows and movies where they're all wearing masks and social distancing just like in real life? if so what are they? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Different tv shows are taking different paths on dealing with covid.  I think the medical shows have to address it.  You can't have a medical show and ignore the biggest medical story of our era.  But even they are doing it differently.  Some of them have done an episode or two dealing with covid and then moved on to other things.  Other shows, I believe Greys anatomy is one of them, are doing more extensive covid storylines.  Non medical shows have an easier time being able to ignore it, and many of them have.  Riverdale, for example, had always planned to jump their timeline ahead a couple of years after the character graduated high school, so it was easy for them to just ignore covid as something which happened in the past.  Other shows are just ignoring it altogether, basically pretending it didn't happen.  Some non medical shows are addressing covid.  I don't watch it, but I've seen commercials for the legal show All Rise, which show the characters wearing PPE.  Other shows make brief mention of it.  The show Big Sky has a reference to a bar being closed due to the pandemic, but otherwise there's nothing in it to indicate that covid is going on. 

• 1 month ago

I don't watch a lot of TV, but a couple shows I do watch -- The Conners and Superstore -- exist in a Covid world, and the characters wear masks, practice social distancing, etc.

• 1 month ago

The Good Doctor had a couple of episodes at the beginning of the current season like that.

• 1 month ago

All Rise did. They had a virtual trial.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I've seen a few scripted TV shows, I think 911 with Rob Lowe was one of them, that at least acknowledge the pandemic.  But they're few and far between, and that's a good thing.

TV and movies make money because they're an escape from reality.  People want an escape from reality for one obvious reason:  Reality sucks.  That's why people are willing to pay for an escape from it.

In reality, nobody ever fights, drives or has sex like you see in movies or TV.  In movies and TV shows, lawyers and politicians often have consciences and are compelled to do the "right thing" at any cost.  Forget the last time you ever saw that in reality, when was the first time?  Exactly, it doesn't happen in real life.

Spy stories have always been popular on the screen.  In reality, a spy's job is to collect information undetected, preferably completely unseen.  How low-profile is a gorgeous guy in a tuxedo, driving an exotic sports car, nailing a different woman every night and leaving a trail of dead bodies and explosions everywhere he goes?  But that's the classic spy movie almost every time.

People don't want reality when they watch a movie or TV show.  If movies and TV were just like reality, nobody would bother watching them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There are always people in all occupations who make money on others' misfortunes.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, there are many.  All the soaps in the UK are doing so, and the hospital series Casualty is showing the effects of the pandemic brilliantly.  

When they're filming, they're using translucent screens between the actors and for close-ups when two of them hug or kiss, the actors' real-life partners are being brought in, to step in just for the one or two seconds.  All you see is the back of someone's head, but it's really well done and professional.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.