Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Were the dogs in the 80s and 90s better than the dogs today?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Adele
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

As a general rule, though, snow will not form if the ground temperature is at least 5 degrees Celsius (41 degrees Fahrenheit). While it can be too warm to snow, it cannot be too cold to snow.

• 2 months ago

If you are talking pure breeds - no, blood line is blood line.

If you are talking rescue dogs,  I have found that the mixes are rather strange and many are pit bull mixes, which are not the particular favored breed with most people. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Heck yes! Me Basset Hound puppy's parents were WAY better than me current Basset Hound puppy. 

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

yeah they weren't all liberal

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes.  And people too.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I see no differences.

• 2 months ago

I don't see any changes in dogs from the 80s or 90s.  Dogs have not evolved into anything different.  There are more BYBers & Puppy Mills than there were back then.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think dog culture was always bad. 

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Better in what way?

Since the late 70`s, when dog ownership seemed to begin to explode, many breeders have been very keen to jump on the band wagon and produce inferior dogs for the mass market. 

This has resulted in many breeds being ruined in conformation and temperament.

This has not been helped by the `show` fraternity who want to win ribbons with their dogs, and breed them to the latest and most popular considered shape, disregarding the dogs true genetic traits and temperament.

Mongrels (cross breeds) where just that once upon a time and it was hard to even give them away. 

Now they are given fancy names like Cockapoo and Labradoodle and advertised as special `designer dogs` and they come in all shapes and sizes and most of the time with no health checks.

Gullible people buy these dogs at extortionate  prices, while the breeders of them, laugh all the way to the bank.

There ARE some very good dog breeders around, but its often difficult for Joe Public to distinguish between a good and a bad breeder. 

I don`t know quite what you mean by your question as `Better` can be interpreted in different ways. 

But Most dogs are only as good as their genetics are, and of course how the dogs owner rears the dog from a puppy and trains it. 

IN many cases an owner can `Make or break` a dog.  JMO.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Dogs are dogs.  How good they are is based on how they are treated.  A loved, and well trained dog that is getting the medical care it might need will be a very good dog. 

It doesn't matter what decade - it is all about the care the dog gets.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.