Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Men-Do you always hold doors open for the ladies?

I'm not saying they can't open doors themselves. I'm just asking if you're chivalrous.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely. I was brought up to be respectful towards women, and holding doors open for them I would always do. Holding a door open doesn't for one second mean I don't believe in equality though. I do.

• Olive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Ill hold the door open for anyone if they are going into store or where ever

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depending on the situation sometimes I do but generally speaking I do not and especially so if she has her phone in one hand and a coffee in the other. If I hold a door open for a women then I would do it for the same reasons I would do it for a man. For me holding a door open for someone with their arms loaded with stuff is an act courtesy, not chivalry. I'll also hold open a door for someone on crutches or has some other disability. Other than my mom for me to hold open a door for woman just because she's a woman, absolutely not.

• 1 month ago

No I don't. She could be a psycho that has tied a kid to a radiator in her basement or could be a puppy killer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.