Men-Do you always hold doors open for the ladies?

I'm not saying they can't open doors themselves. I'm just asking if you're chivalrous.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely. I was brought up to be respectful towards women, and holding doors open for them I would always do. Holding a door open doesn't for one second mean I don't believe in equality though. I do.

• Olive

Ill hold the door open for anyone if they are going into store or where ever

Depending on the situation sometimes I do but generally speaking I do not and especially so if she has her phone in one hand and a coffee in the other. If I hold a door open for a women then I would do it for the same reasons I would do it for a man. For me holding a door open for someone with their arms loaded with stuff is an act courtesy, not chivalry. I'll also hold open a door for someone on crutches or has some other disability. Other than my mom for me to hold open a door for woman just because she's a woman, absolutely not.

No I don't. She could be a psycho that has tied a kid to a radiator in her basement or could be a puppy killer.